There are many great green books out there and my bookshelves and Kindle are full of them. It can be a bit overwhelming to know where to start so I thought I would share five that I think are worth reading.
- Plastic-Free: How I Kicked the Plastic Habit and How You Can Too, by Beth Terry
Plastic is full of toxins, almost always made from oil, and non-biodegradable. It’s causing a lot of environmental harm but it can be overwhelming to find solutions. Beth Terry lives an almost plastic-free life and has great info to share to make it much easier.
- A Climate for Change: Global Warming Facts for Faith-Based Decisions, by Katharine Hayhoe and Andrew Farley
This book takes a more religious approach to climate change. It sticks to the facts and shares why climate change is very important to Christians. Even if you aren’t a Christian, this book is an amazing read if you want know more about the science behind climate change.
- Practically Green: Your Guide to Ecofriendly Decision-Making, by Micaela Preston
I highly recommend this book for those that are just starting to try and live an eco-friendly live. It breaks everything down so that it is understandable and easy. There are also great DIY tips in the book.
- Smart Mama’s Green Guide: Simple Steps to Reduce Your Child’s Toxic Chemical Exposure, by Jennifer Taggart
Jennifer Taggart is a former environmental engineer and is currently an attorney specializing in consumer product and environmental law. Her book is full of amazing information and is my go-to-guide when I’m unsure how to know if a product is toxic or not.
- The Eco-nomical Baby Guide: Down-to-Earth Ways for Parents to Save Money and the Planet, by Joy Hatch and Rebecca Kelley
This is a perfect book for parents or soon-to-be parents. It not only will help you go green, it will help you save green! They share all the ideas that helped them raise green children and the ideas that didn’t work.
These are just a small sample of the great green books out there. I would love to hear about any good green books you have read lately, just share in the comments below or on our Facebook page.
Latest posts by Lisa Sharp (see all)
- Is Your Makeup Putting Your Health At Risk? - March 16, 2017
- Organic Food on a Budget - March 2, 2017
- EPA Nominee Scott Pruitt Takes a Hands-Off Approach to Earthquakes in Oklahoma - January 26, 2017