Tonight at 8:30 p.m. is Earth Hour, a world wide event to help celebrate the planet and bring awareness to environmental issues. But the actions can’t stop at 9:30 p.m. so the World Wildlife Federation (WWF) has started Beyond the Hour. A website to help remind us that little actions do add up.
Here are a few ideas for things to start doing after Earth Hour.
- Get a reusable water bottle to use in place of bottled water.
- Use reusable bags when you go grocery shopping.
- Pick up litter around your favorite park or neighborhood.
- Start a compost bin.
- Learn more about recycling in your area, to be sure you are recycling everything you can.
- Remember to unplug electronics when not using them.
- Drive less, walk or ride your bike more.
- Start using public transit when you can.
- Eat more locally grown foods.
- Check out your local farmer’s market.
About the Author
Lisa Sharp is passionate about green living, organic food, animals, and natural medicine. She is an environmental activist, green living expert, and consultant. In addition to being the founder and editor of Green Oklahoma, Lisa has a green living blog, Retro Housewife Goes Green. You can follow Lisa on twitter @Retrohousewife5 and Facebook.