Each of us can help fix this problem by taking our own reusable bags for grocery shopping. There are many great options out there; so you are sure to find one that fits your needs. Many stores are starting to offer incentives to help encourage us to take our own bags.
Everywhere from Target to Whole Foods offer discounts. Aldi charges for bags, giving you even more of a reason to remember your bags. Even some locally owned stores are starting to encourage reusable bag use by offering discounts.
An added benefit of using reusable bags is that you don’t have all of those plastic bags and paper bags hanging around. You can only reuse so many of grocery bags!
Reasons to Bring Your Own Bag
- It’s better for the environment.
- It can save you money.
- They don’t break like plastic and paper bags.
- They are more attractive.
- Less to recycle or store.
Want to learn more about the plastic bag problem in a somewhat humorous way? Check out this video.
What are your favorite reusable bags? Do you have tips that help you remember to bring them to the store? Share in the comments below.
Latest posts by Lisa Sharp (see all)
- Is Your Pumpkin Spice Latte Ruining the Planet? - October 18, 2018
- Things to Do This Fall in Oklahoma - September 11, 2018
- Get Rid of Moths with Natural Alternatives to Mothballs - August 30, 2018