Creamy, rich, and delicious, this sundried tomato pasta is a 30-minute dinner dish that the family can enjoy on any weeknight. Made with sun-dried tomatoes, sliced chicken breasts, elbow noodles, cream, and parmesan, this will be a filling meal that is both delicious and comforting.
A really great way to reduce our carbon footprint is by eating local and seasonal food. You can also preserve local food to eat even when it’s out of season so you can have even more variety while still eating in a very environmentally friendly way.
One food that grows really well in Oklahoma is tomatoes. They have a pretty long growing season in Oklahoma, usually between May and October.
There are so many ways to use tomatoes and one great way to use them even when they aren’t in season is by making sundried tomatoes. You can also often buy them from a producer at a farmers’ market or directly from the farm.
Another great place to shop for ingredients in this pasta is Thrive Market. Thrive Market sells organic, natural food and household products for great prices. They also give back and support small businesses.
You can learn to make your own sundried tomatoes as well. This is a great option if you are already growing tomatoes and have more than you can eat while they are fresh.
Why You’ll Love This Chicken and Sundried Tomatoes Pasta
Easy to Make: It is the perfect dish to make when you want a comforting meal without much work. You can have the dish on the table and ready to go in about 30 minutes.
Full of Flavor: When you combine those sun-dried tomatoes, chicken breast slices, cream, and parmesan with elbow noodles, you get a dish that doesn’t skip out on the flavor. The homemade sundried tomato sauce is unforgettable.
Use Your Favorite Pasta: You can use any type of noodle you’d like in this dish. While this recipe uses elbow noodles, you can use bowtie, penne, or any other pasta shape you enjoy.
No Fancy Ingredients: One of the best things about this chicken and sundried tomatoes pasta is that you don’t need any fancy ingredients. The recipe uses simple ingredients that you probably have at home. If you don’t have something on hand, you can easily find them at any grocery store.
Enough chit-chat about why you are going to love this chicken and sundried tomatoes pasta! Let’s get on to the recipe so that you can make and enjoy this comforting pasta with sundried tomatoes at home.
- 4oz elbow pasta
- ½ pound sliced chicken breast
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 4 oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- A few basil leaves
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, we need to cook minced garlic until it is slightly brown. Once you start to see it turn a golden color, add in the sliced chicken, and cook on high to medium heat for about 1 minute. Cover until the chicken is completely cooked throughout.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add in the chopped sundried tomatoes, the paprika, red pepper flakes, and the tablespoon of salt. Stir everything together so that the flavors of the spices combine with the chicken and garlic mixture.
- Next, you will need to add the heavy cream and ½ cup of milk to the skillet. Stir and bring it to a boil.
- Once the dish starts to boil, reduce the heat so that the dish can simmer in the pan and combine those beautiful flavors even more.
- Let the mixture simmer in the pan for a few minutes and then add in the cooked pasta and the parmesan cheese.
- You can turn the heat down just a tad, but you don’t have to because you still want it to be hot enough that the cheese melts and forms a creamy pasta sauce.
- Once your creamy pasta sauce comes together, add in the fresh basil, and serve.
How To Store:
If you don’t finish the entire dish, you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It’ll last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
How To Reheat:
To reheat the sundried tomato pasta: add in a