It’s finally beginning to look and feel like spring. The temperature is rising and people are getting outside. My family has been out more enjoying this warmer weather. Have you?
Like most people, my family is on a budget. So we save money wherever possible. One way to do that is by making our own snacks and bringing those snacks with us when we go out. Having three children, someone is always hungry. Having healthy snacks on hand helps prevent us from having to stop at a store or restaurant every time hungry cries begin.
The recipe I’m sharing today is for our Chocolate Cherry Adventure Snack Bars. These are similar in taste and texture to a Lara Bar. They are gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy free, and 100% delicious! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup sweet and tart dried cherries
- 30 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the almonds in a blender or food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the cocoa powder and salt. Pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Add the cherries, dates, honey and vanilla extract. Pulse until a dough forms.
- Line a 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper. (Note: If using a silicone baking pan, you do not need to line with parchment paper.)
- Remove Lara Bar mixture from blender or food processor and press down into the pan. Be sure to pack it in firmly.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Slice into squares and eat. Any leftover bars can be keep in the refrigerator.
Share your thoughts in the comments below or on our Facebook page.