Looking for a simple slow cooker soup recipe? This chunky chicken soup is delicious and also easy to make. Your whole family is sure to love it.
Cooler weather for me means loads of soups, stews, and chili. I am slightly obsessed with my slow cooker. I find it fascinating that you can just throw some meat and veggies inside, go about your business and come back to a delicious home-cooked meal.
It’s nothing short of magical. This recipe is as easy as it gets. It’s one of my go-to meals no matter what season. I’ve shared it with family and friends and everyone always raves about it. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
- 2 onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of carrots or 1 lb bag of baby carrots
- 1 bunch of celery
- 2 lbs of chicken thighs
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Poultry Seasoning to taste
- Chop all your veggies into bit sized chunks.
- Place veggies, then the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Throw in your seasoning
- Pour in your broth and coconut milk
- Cook on low for 4 -6 hours. It’s generally ready at the 4 hour mark but you can leave it on low for as long as you like. I leave mine on low until it’s gone, usually a day or two. It just gets thicker and tastier!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 515 Total Fat: 36g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 197mg Sodium: 963mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 39g
More Delicious Recipes
- Chicken Alfredo with Roasted Broccoli and Spaghetti Squash
- Perfect Summer Chicken Salad
- Sunflower Seed Butter Cookies
Latest posts by Jessica Reagan (see all)
- The Importance of Buying Local - February 27, 2018
- Chicken Alfredo with Roasted Broccoli and Spaghetti Squash - February 22, 2018
- Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs - February 1, 2018