Cooler weather for me means loads of soups, stews and chili. I am slightly obsessed with my slow cooker. I find it fascinating that you can just throw some meat and veggies inside, go about your business and come back to a delicious home cooked meal. It’s nothing short of magical. This recipe is as easy as it gets. It’s one of my go-to meals no matter what season. I’ve shared it with family and friends and everyone always raves about it. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
- 2 onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of carrots or 1 lb bag of baby carrots
- 1 bunch of celery
- 2 lbs of chicken thighs
- 32 oz. broth ( I use Pacific brand vegetable broth or bone broth if I have it but any stock or broth will work)
- 1 can of coconut milk ( I prefer Native Forest organic brand, bpa-free can)
- Poultry Seasoning ( I use a jar of Litehouse freeze-dried poultry season, but alternatively you can use a couple tablespoons of regular poultry seasoning)
Now comes the hard part.
- Chop all your veggies into bit sized chunks.
- Place veggies, then the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Throw in your seasoning
- Pour in your broth and coconut milk
- Cook on low for 4 -6 hours. It’s generally ready at the 4 hour mark but you can leave it on low for as long as you like. I leave mine on low until it’s gone, usually a day or two. It just gets thicker and tastier!
Let me know if you try it and like it! If you make any modifications I’d love to hear about those as well. Enjoy!
Share your thoughts in the comments below or on our Facebook page.
Latest posts by Jessica Reagan (see all)
- The Importance of Buying Local - February 27, 2018
- Chicken Alfredo with Roasted Broccoli and Spaghetti Squash - February 22, 2018
- Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs - February 1, 2018