You know what my favorite recipes consist of? As few ingredients as possible! When I look in a cookbook or a recipe to try on Pinterest, I’m always intimidated by recipes that have a mile long ingredient list. No one has the time or the money to scour their grocery store for 35 things, 12 of which they’ve never heard of and then pay out a ridiculous amount of money for a dinner you have to cook yourself. Have no fear my friends, I have a super simple, amazingly fast, healthy recipe for you today. Oh, and did I mention delicious?! It’s also Whole30 and paleo friendly, if you’re into that kind of thing.
Things you’ll need:
- 1 lb of chicken tenderloins (or any cut of chicken cut into smaller pieces)
- 3-4 florets of broccoli
- 1 sweet red bell pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3T. of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- lemon (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Cut up your broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut your red pepper into strips and then in half or thirds.
- Smash and chop your garlic
- Now throw all of your ingredients into a gallon sized bag or a large bowl with a lid. Add 2 T of your oil, salt and pepper. Toss well, until everything is coated with oil. Place on a cookie sheet or in a glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove your chicken and wrap in foil to keep warm. Turn the oven up to 400 and cook your veggies for another 10 mins or so. The tops will start to brown a little.
- Take the veggies out of the oven, add the chicken. Drizzle another tablespoons worth of oil over it all and squeeze half the lemon, toss lightly and serve.
This takes about 30 minutes from start to table. It’s one I tend to cook when I’m tired and I just need something quick and easy. I generally have all the ingredients on hand but I have modified in different ways. I’ve subbed sirloin for the chicken, cauliflower or fresh green beans for the broccoli. Basically what I’m telling you is toss anything in a decent quality olive oil and bake it for half an hour and it’s delicious. I promise!
Latest posts by Jessica Reagan (see all)
- The Importance of Buying Local - February 27, 2018
- Chicken Alfredo with Roasted Broccoli and Spaghetti Squash - February 22, 2018
- Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs - February 1, 2018