With Thanksgiving just a few days away it’s time to think about all the things we are grateful for. If you are trying to live an eco-friendly life in Oklahoma there are many reasons to be thankful this year.
- Oklahoma is one of the top 10 states for wind energy potential. In 2011, Oklahoma ranked 8th for installed wind energy capacity. This is great for our environment and for Oklahoma’s economic future.
- Our state is graphically very diverse. “Oklahoma is one of four to harbor more than 10 distinct ecological regions, with 11 in its borders – more per square mile than in any other state.”- Wikipedia
- Oklahoma is home to many great locally owned green businesses, ranging from natural food stores to organic restaurants.
- Oklahoma is home to two universities that will soon have all of their energy needs met by renewable energy. Oklahoma Central University already is purchasing 100% wind energy and the University of Oklahoma has signed an agreement with OG&E to purchase 100% of their energy from renewable sources by 2013.
- Oklahoma is home to many great organic and natural farms. You can get a wide range of food locally in Oklahoma and we are seeing an increase in farms that are now certified organic or switching to organic farming practices.
These are just a few reasons to be grateful for living in Oklahoma. We would love to hear your reasons, post in the comments below or share on our Facebook page.
Latest posts by Lisa Sharp (see all)
- The Best Eco-Friendly Prime Day Deals - July 14, 2019
- 8 Hazardous Household Products You Should Get Rid Of - July 11, 2019
- 10+ Upcycled Crafts Made with Toilet Paper Rolls - July 9, 2019