Being gluten-free doesn’t mean you can’t have a great lemon poppy seed bread! This lemon poppy seed bread recipe will be loved by the whole family.
I have always loved to bake during the holidays. It is comforting when my kitchen is heavy with lingering scents of freshly made loaves of bread and pies. While I love traditional flavors like pumpkin, I also enjoy bringing unique dishes to the holiday parties. Ever been in the situation where there are 15 pumpkin pies at the office party?
Since going gluten-free last year (per doctor’s orders) it has been harder for me to enjoy baking. However, this year its a bit easier. After some practice, I am able to approach the holidays armed with some of my favorite recipes modified to be full of gluten-free deliciousness. This gluten-free lemon poppy seed bread is one of my favorites.
Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
This recipe is very easy to make. You can use whatever gluten-free flour you enjoy. A great place to get high-quality flour is Thrive Market. They have a lot of different options so you can find the best one for you.
They also have a lot of great options for pre-made gluten-free snacks and goodies for when you don’t feel like baking. The best part is they have really good prices so being gluten-free won’t break the bank.
How to Serve Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
This lemon poppy seed bread is great on it’s own but you can also put a bit of melted butter on it. Served warm is also a nice treat, especially during the colder months.
It also goes great with a cup of hot coffee. Use this as your reminder to pick up some delicious coffee from Thrive Market while you are getting gluten-free flour and other supplies.
Now that you know what to serve your gluten-free lemon poppy seed bread with and what ingredients to use, it’s time to get baking!
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 heaping tbsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp. unsalted butter (melted and slightly cooled)
- Grease and flour one 9 x 5 loaf pan with organic vegetable shortening and gluten-free flour. Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine gluten-free flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and poppy seeds. Stir until mixed well.
- In another bowl, beat together the milk, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together and beat by hand or with a hand mixer for a full minute until no lumps remain.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Lemon glaze: Mix together all glaze ingredients and brush over warm bread from the oven.
- Cool loaf about 20 minutes before eating.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g
This nutritional information is estimated.