Looking for a delicious gluten-free dessert? This gluten-free white chocolate fruit pizza is sure to be enjoyed by everyone, even if they don’t eat a gluten-free diet.
This is one of my favorite dessert dishes. It is certainly a favorite with my family. Try it – you will get rave reviews.
The kiwis and strawberries make it an excellent dish but you can also add other fruits like canned pineapple or mandarin oranges as well.
It’s a lot of fun to experiment with different fruits to create very different gluten-free desserts for everyone to enjoy.
Gluten-Free Dessert Fruit Pizza Recipe
- 1 ½ cups organic, unsalted butter (softened at room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups gluten-free baking flour
- 1 12 oz package white chocolate baking chips
- ¼ cup organic whipping cream
- 1 8 oz package organic cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
Fruit Topping Ingredients
- Strawberries (1 pint)
- Kiwi (4 or 5)
Additional possible fruit to use: Canned Pineapples (1 20oz can), Mandarin Oranges (1 11oz can), Grapes
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Using a hand mixer, cream together the powdered sugar and butter.
- Slowly and gradually add the gluten free flour to the mixture.
- Once a dough like consistency has been achieved, press the crust mixture evenly into a large pizza pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool crust to room temperature. (place in freezer for 10 minutes if you are running short on time)
- Make sure your hand mixer is cleaned and ready to go.
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave for 45 seconds – 1 minute (follow package directions). Be careful not to cook too long, the chips will easily burn.
- Immediately add a small amount of the whipping cream to the melted chips and quickly stir. (note – due to the differences in temperatures, melted chips will immediately begin to thicken; however, adding only a small amount of whipping cream at first will prevent hardened bits of white chocolate morsels from forming).
- Pour remaining whipping cream and cream cheese mixture into melted chips and use the hand mixer to beat until smooth.
- Spread white chocolate mixture over cooled crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (note – you can make the crust and filling 1-2 days ahead of time and finish it with fruit topping and glaze on the day you need it)
Fruit Topping Directions:
- Slice and cut fruit as you wish and arrange over top of white chocolate filling. (note – if you decide to use canned pineapples as well, simply save the canned juice for the glaze)
- In a small saucepan, combine pineapple juice, lemon juice, cornstarch, and sugar.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil and then stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Quickly, before allowing it time to cool, brush glaze over top of fruit. The glaze adds a shine to the tart and also helps preserve the fruit color while acting as a glue.
Keep refrigerated before and after serving.
Looking for more delicious gluten-free dessert recipes? Try this Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread recipe.