Mason jars come with endless possibilities. Reuse them for food storage or turn them into a beautiful new item that would make a great gift.
While glass recycling is great not all towns offer it and it’s even better to reuse things. Glass is great for reusing because it doesn’t hold on to odors, stain, or break down over time.
Mason jar crafts are becoming very trendy and while you can buy new mason jars it’s even better to use ones you already have on hand. You can make some really cute crafts for yourself or gifts.
Benefits of Upcycling
Recycling is the process which breaks down products so they can be remade into newer consumer products. Many of these products, especially plastics, are lesser quality than the original item.
Upcycling on the other hand is taking a material and turning into something of more value than the original product. This is a great way to extend the life of products and keep them out of our landfills.
Upcycling also requires a lot less energy and resources, in general, than recycling. It really is the best option when it comes to keeping products out of the trash.
Mason Jar Crafts
- Herb Garden from DIY Inspired
- Bathroom Organizer from Modern Mom Life
- Soy Candles from Something Turquoise
- Bathroom Storage and Accessories from Mason Jar Crafts
- Picture Frame Vase from Home Stories A to Z
- Tissue Holder from Landeelu
- Succulent Planter from Life + Storage
- Rustic Wall Sconce from Shelterness
- Salt and Pepper Shakers from Landeelu
- Mason Jar Metallic Vase from The Glamorous Housewife
- Pet Treat Containers from Bren Did
- Mason Jar Mug from Melissa Voigt
- Mercury Glass Jar from AttaGirlSays
- Glowing Photo Luminaries from Tip Hero
- Snow Globe from It All Started With Paint
More Homemade Gift Ideas
These all would make wonderful gifts. If you are looking for even more gifts to make? Check out these posts.
Want more upcycling and green living tips? Subscribe to our mailing list.