Miss peanut butter cookies but have a peanut allergy? Try these delicious Sunflower Seed Butter Cookies instead. They have a similar taste but are allergy-friendly.
Peanut allergies have become a lot more common and that can leave people missing out on tasty peanut butter treats. Thankfully peanut-free alternatives are popping up everywhere.
A great peanut butter alternative is sunflower seed butter because it’s also tree nut free which is another common allergen. It also is delicious and works really well in place of peanut butter.
You can find sunflower seed butter in most grocery stores now or you can order online from Thrive Market which is an online natural food store.
These cookies are also great crumbled up in ice cream for a fun summer treat. Or you can make an ice cream sandwich with them. We recommend chocolate ice cream with these.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: Chocolate chips
- Cream butter until soft and smooth. Add the sugars and cream again. Mix in the sunflower butter and an egg.
- Mix together the dry ingredients. Stir into the butter mixture.
- You can stick this in the fridge for a few hours if you want to firm the dough up a bit.
- Preheat oven to 375 'F.
- Roll (or use a cookie scoop) dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten the cookies a bit and use a fork to make crisscross patterns.
- Bake until light brown, about 9 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheets for about a minute or they will break when you try and take them off. Let them finish cooling on a rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 18mg Sodium: 124mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Protein: 2g
Latest posts by Lisa Sharp (see all)
- 30 Minutes or Less Easy Vegetarian Instant Pot Recipes - September 17, 2019
- Things to Do This Fall in Oklahoma - September 12, 2019
- The Best Eco-Friendly Prime Day Deals - July 14, 2019