Looking for a paleo-friendly Super Bowl snack? These BBQ Little Smokies are perfect and delicious!
While I do most of my shopping at local grocers or through the Oklahoma Food Coop, a few days ago I paid a visit to the Whole Foods in Oklahoma City. It’s definitely one of my favorite grocery destinations but it’s at least a half hour away.
My favorite thing to stock up on is Tessemae’s. This company is simply amazing. It’s a family business that makes delicious dressings, sauces, and marinades with whole, all-natural ingredients. No sugar, dairy, gluten or anything you can’t pronounce. They’re paleo and vegan-friendly.
After grabbing a few bottles of Tessemae’s, I meandered back to the meat department to pick up a few items. I saw a package of uncured cocktail franks and a lightbulb went off. I have seen the BBQ little smokies at countless parties but never thought about making a cleaner version. Until now that is, just in time for Super Bowl Sunday.
BBQ Little Smokies
- 2 packages paleo-friendly uncured cocktail franks or hot dogs cut up into small pieces
- 1 bottles Tessemae’s Matty’s BBQ sauce
- Add cocktail franks and BBQ sauce to pot or crockpot.
- Cook until hot and keep warm.
This super simple recipe will be a big hit both with the paleo football fans at the party and those who just want good snacks. You can serve them in a crockpot or add toothpicks and place them on a platter.
What are your favorite Super Bowl snacks? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Latest posts by Jessica Reagan (see all)
- The Importance of Buying Local - February 27, 2018
- Chicken Alfredo with Roasted Broccoli and Spaghetti Squash - February 22, 2018
- Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs - February 1, 2018