Coconut oil is one of the most useful products we can have in our homes. It’s great for skin care, eating, and so much more. Check out these amazing coconut oil uses!
We are not doctors. Check with your doctor or veterinarian before trying natural remedies to see if they are right for you. These benefits are ones that have been seen by people and these uses are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.
Coconut oil has been gaining popularity over the years and people have been finding more and more ways to use it. Some of these uses are more traditional while some will shock you.
If you already love coconut oil you’ve likely tried a few of these ways of using it but hopefully, you will find even more unique ways of using coconut oil to test out.
40+ Uses for Coconut Oil
- Replace cooking oil with coconut oil, you can use a spray form or just the normal form warmed in a pan.
- Use it as a replacement for butter.
- Use it as a deep conditioning treatment.
- Improve your dental health with oil pulling.
- Give your pets a spoonful to help their coats and digestive health.
- Rub on your pets paw pads if they are dry or sore.
- Use on your cuticles to moisturize them. (or make a cuticle softener cream)
- Use as a shaving cream.
- Make your own lip balm.
- Rub it on your wooden cutting boards to condition them.
- Season cast iron pans.
- Pop popcorn on the stove.
- Use as a massage oil.
- Mix with baking soda to remove sticker residue.
- Mix with lemon juice to create a wood polish (test first).
- Use on dry and cracked heals.
- Use it to prevent stretch marks.
- Make your own lip scrubs.
- Mix in coffee for an energy boost.
- Massage on dog’s skin to help with dry skin.
- Make bath bombs.
- Use to sooth skin after waxing, it can also help remove excess wax.
- Make your own zero waste toothpaste.
- Use it to remove makeup. (or make your own makeup wipes)
- Use it in place of body butter. (or make your own lotion bars.)
- Make a firming eye cream.
- Improve your sleep with a homemade sleep salve.
- Use in place of shortening in recipes.
- Use it to lubricate measuring cups before measuring sticky ingredients like honey.
- Create your own body scrubs.
- Use as a personal lubricant. (not latex safe!)
- Make a superfood hot chocolate.
- Use it to prevent dust build-up.
- Sooth sunburns.
- Use it as a carrier oil for essential oils.
- Mix with baking soda for a natural deodorant.
- Prevent hairballs by giving a small amount to cats.
- Make a honey and coconut oil face mask.
- Use as a diaper rash cream.
- Make your own soap.
- Use to relieve itchiness from eczema.
- Use to treat acne.
- Make your own dog treats.
- Use a small amount in your bath to soften skin. (or make coconut oil bath melts.)
- Make brownies.
What is your favorite use for coconut oil? Share in the comments below.
Latest posts by Lisa Sharp (see all)
- The Best Eco-Friendly Prime Day Deals - July 14, 2019
- 8 Hazardous Household Products You Should Get Rid Of - July 11, 2019
- 10+ Upcycled Crafts Made with Toilet Paper Rolls - July 9, 2019