Are you a vegetarian looking for new meals or maybe looking for Meatless Monday recipe ideas? These recipes are great for vegetarians, flexitarians or anyone looking to reduce their meat intake.
Meatless Monday is a non-profit initiative started in 2003. The goal is to reduce meat consumption by 15% for personal health and the health of the planet.
It’s a great way for everyone to make an effort to reduce their meat consumption without a big dietary change.
“Livestock production contributes an estimated 14.5 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions from human activities, which is more than the entire transportation sector. Ruminant animals, including cattle, produce methane (CH4) as part of their digestion.
In fact, this process alone represents almost one-third of the emissions from the agriculture sector. Reductions in meat consumption can have a profound effect on greenhouse gas emissions.
Globally, eliminating meat for one day per week, for example, could reduce emissions by an estimated 1.0 Gigaton (Gt)ii to 1.3 Gt iii,iv per year relative to predicted scenarios based on current consumption patterns. Reducing emissions by 1.3 Gt would be equivalent to taking 273 million cars o the road, based on typical U.S. passenger vehicles.” – Meatless Monday
If you are interested in participating check out this great collection of meatless recipes. Many of the recipes are vegan-friendly as well. They are so delicious you will start to look forward to Meatless Monday.
Meatless Monday Recipes
- Enchiladas with Butternut Squash and Black Beans
- Mushroom Sliders with Smoky Onion Jam
- Cauliflower Scampi in Lemon Garlic White Wine Sauce
- Roasted Butternut Squash Feta Pierogi
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom Asparagus Fajitas
- Fried Eggplant Casserole
- Broccoli, Bean, and Cheese Vegetarian Calzone
- Grilled Vegetable Shish Kebabs
- Greek Buddha Bowl with Chickpeas and Squash
Latest posts by Lisa Sharp (see all)
- Kerrygold is not 100% Grass-Fed, What is Grass-Fed Anyway? - July 18, 2018
- Plastic-Free Straw Alternatives - June 26, 2018
- Ways to Prepare for a Hot Summer - June 12, 2018